Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate was released November 11, 2015 by Ubisoft. The game was developed by Ubisoft Quebec. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate is an action adventure role playing game.
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London’s most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin’s discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens keep a secret that could get him killed.
Set within London in 1868 during the Industrial Revolution, the story follows twins Jacob and Evie Frye as they navigate the corridors of organized crime during the Victorian era and fight against the established order, controlled by the Templars.
The game retains the series’ third-person open world exploration as well as introducing new traveling systems and refined combat and stealth mechanics.
A new feature for the series, the player can now switch freely between two different protagonists. This release also features a female protagonist which was seen previously in Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation.
Male lead Jacob Frye is meant to be more of a hot-headed brawler, specialized in close combat, while his twin sister Evie is strong in stealth and relies on her intelligence and wit.
The Assassins’ main weapons this time around include brass knuckles, a compact revolver, a cane sword and the traditional Nepalese curved kukri knife and combat is faster-paced than before with latency having been cut in half and multiple enemies attacking the player at once.
The game has some new modes of travel such as climbing and zip-lines etc. Generally this release is much more sophisticated in so many ways.
The London game world is about 30% larger than previous Paris with Westminster, the Strand, the City of London, Whitechapel, Southwark and Lambeth as the boroughs included.
- As Jacob Frye, a young and reckless Assassin, use your skills to help those trampled by the march of progress. From freeing exploited children used as slave labor in factories, to stealing precious assets from enemy boats, you will stop at nothing to bring justice back to London’s streets.
- To reclaim London for the people, you will need an army. As a gang leader, strengthen your stronghold and rally rival gang members to your cause, in order to take back the capital from the Templars’ hold.
- In Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, action is fast-paced and brutal. As a master of combat, combine powerful multi-kills and countermoves to strike your enemies down.
- Choose your own way to fight enemies. Take advantage of the Rope Launcher technology to be as stealthy as ever and strike with your Hidden Blade. Or choose the kukri knife and the brass knuckles to get the drop on your enemies.
- In London, the systemic vehicles offer an ever-changing environment. Drive carriages to chase your target, use your parkour skills to engage in epic fights atop high-speed trains, or make your own way amongst the boats of the River Thames.
- Travel the city at the height of the Industrial Revolution and meet iconic historical figures. From Westminster to Whitechapel, you will come across Darwin, Dickens, Queen Victoria… and many more.