- HDMI 1.4
- Intel B150
- Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron (LGA1151)
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 slot
- PCI Express 3.0 x1 slot
- PCI slot
- Realtek ALC887
- 5X Protection II – Advanced hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- DDR3/DDR3L memory compatibility
- USB Type-C for convenient connectivity
- Epic gaming audio with LED-illuminated shielding
- Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3
- Fan Xpert 2+ advanced fan controls for ultimate cooling and silent performance
The motherboard is intended mostly for upgraders who have DDR3 and are looking to modernize their system with Skylake.
This board has 4 memory slots so it can be loaded with memory if desired. Overall the Intel B150 is better than the lower cost H110 which limits memory to 2 slots.
Asus has included a PCI slot which for those who may have an older peripheral they want to use.
There are 6 SATA ports which means this board can be used for a media center project. The board would also be suitable for a basic NAS box too.
Asus has made many changes with their basic board design to make them more resistant to environmental stress. Humid areas are known to be a problem so Asus has steps to seal boards better. Surface mounted capacitors are sealed so they are far less prone to problems.
Most users will likely see this a a smaller chassis for business use where the integrated HDMI can be directly connected to a LCD panel. Skylake can cope with 1920×1080 and 2560×1440 panels for basic work such as Photoshop or Excel
This board easily fits into most chassis easily. The HDMI makes this board easily integrated with modern LCD panels.
The triangle on the CPU should point at the circle on the CPU socket.