Bulletstorm was released February 22, 2011 by Electronic Arts. The game was developed by People Can Fly and Epic Games. Bulletstorm is a first person shooter.
Bulletstorm takes place in the 26th century, where the Confederation of Planets are protected by a secret black-ops army called Dead Echo.
The game is distinguished by its rather crass sense of humor, rewarding players with points for performing increasingly crazy kills.
Players use a sizable arsenal consisting of over-the-top combat moves and large weapons.
Bulletstorm also has a variety of “skillshots”. These are presented at various stages as the play progresses through the campaign
The game uses a lease which can paralyze an enemy and pull him closer to be shot.
The game also uses a large boot to paralyze an enemy and make it easier to kill him.
The game also uses the sliding action in several places. Sliding under enemies can avoid their fire giving the player an advantage during a firefight.
This gives Bulletstorm a lot of new abilities in game play that could make for improvements in the genre. Most shooters have more limited movements, tactical movements are far less common.
The single player campaign is comparatively short which seems to be the trend of late.
- Incredible New Skillshot System – Every enemy presents a new opportunity for stylish, over-the-top and ever increasingly bloody ways to take them down.
- The Circle of Awesome – Kill with Skill to rack up the points. Cash in these points for upgrades. Use these upgrades to pull off crazier skillshots and earn even more points.
- Badass Weaponry – From the players trusty Peace Maker Carbine to the explosive Flail Gun, Bulletstorm delivers an arsenal of the most inventive, death-dealing weapons ever seen
- DirectX 9c, 10, 11 are all supported for online, DirectX 9 for single player.
- Xbox 360 controller is supported on the PC version
Playing the single player campaign we found Bulletstorm to be very playable with the normal settings.
Game play is fluid and the maps are linear enough to prevent getting lost.