Dead Effect was released December 17, 2014 by Bad Fly Interactive. The game was developed by Bad Fly Interactive. Dead Effect is a first person survival horror action game.
Fight for your life in the INDIE SCI-FI FPS game fit for both casual and hard-core gamers with a passion for hunting down hordes of zombies. Prepare yourselves for the incoming nightmare!
The game is standard first person zombie shooter. The controls are a little non standard, space is the employ so check the controls for the differences.
The ESS Meridian starship is travelling through space with a new FTL technology, heading towards its destination – Tau Ceti f, the first planet in the history of mankind to be colonized.
A few months later an elite member of Unit 13 is disrupted from cryogenic sleep. But Tau Ceti f is nowhere in sight and something is very wrong. What happened to all those people? Why are they so aggressive and attack without any survival instincts?
The game features twelve missions, which the player must complete in sequence, fighting enemies in the form of zombies and completing tasks such as finding codes to open doors. On various levels, the player also encounters bosses. Each level features pods which replenish the player’s health, and in later levels, pods can be found which will upgrade the player’s stats. Every level also contains secret orbs, which can be shot, and hidden tablets, which can be collected.
The game seems to lack the ability to save a players progress, we have explored the game world and quit after some time. Restarting the game is back to the beginning of the campaign.
- Epic single player campaign with over 5 hours of gameplay and a story that will draw you in.
- 12 story campaign missions with gameplay that differs from the mobile version, haing more rooms open to explore
- Survive and Biohazard modes with many missions
- A unique set of achievements
- Special ability – Bullet Time (slow motion) ability of the player
- Special ability – Devastation (area of effect) ability of the player
- 14 unique upgradable weapons
- Many different types of enemies
- Explosives with post-process effects (grenades, trip-mines)
- Full Dead Effect soundtrack