Enemy Territory: Quake Wars was released September 28, 2007 by Activision. The game was developed by Splash Damage and idSoftware. Quake 4 is a first person shooter.
Quake Wars is a class-based, objective focused, team-oriented game. Teams are based on human (GDF) and alien (Strogg) technology. While the teams are asymmetrical, both sides have the same basic weapons and tools to complete objectives.
Unlike other team-based online games (such as the Battlefield series), the gameplay is much more focused on one or two main objectives at once, rather than spread all over the combat area. This allows for much more focused and intense combat situations, similar to the original Unreal Tournament assault mode.
Each player class normally has new objectives show up during game play, many times based around the specific capabilities of that class.
The game also has the capability to group players into fireteams for greater coordinated strategy. These fireteams can be user created or game generated depending on the mission selected by the player.
Taking place in the year 2065, the game lets you play as the GDF or Strogg in one of five unique character classes, either online or offline with computer controlled AI teammates and opponents.
Employing an arsenal of weapons, vehicles and deployable armaments, engage in an action-packed test of skill and coordinated teamwork through a series of combat objectives.
Persistent character growth and achievements reward players for teamwork, while clearly defined mission and class objectives guide new players to meaningful contributions on the battlefield.
The game has a steep learning curve. Unlike most shooters, this game puts more weight on strategy.
The game is not that large but the installer is slow likely to avoid using the more expensive dual layer disks that are more widely used years later.
- Two playable armies, each delivering a totally unique gameplay experience, with distinctive technology, abilities, weapons, vehicles, and structures.
- Combat focused on key Capture, Construct and Destroy objectives, but open-ended to allow limitless strategy and improvised missions and tactics.
- Complete individual assignments and objectives to gain experience and rank during a single mission or an overarching campaign of three linked missions.
- An array of land, sea, and air vehicles, with multiple combat positions including driver, gunner, passenger and even commander.
- Unlimited strategic options with deployable Radar, Fire Support and Defense Turrets.
- Cutting edge MegaTexture°technology, where stunning visuals, realistic physics, and optimized networking combine to deliver an unparalleled online gaming experience.
- Offline battles with lethal computer-controlled AI teammates and opponents.