The Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3 is an ATX gaming motherboard form Gigabyte’s G1 gaming series. This board sells for about $105 when released..
- Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- HDMI 1.4, DVI-D, VGA
- 2-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
- Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connectors with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
- 2 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
- 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Killer™ E2400 Gaming Networks
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with Ambient LED Trace Path Lighting
- USB DAC-UP ports
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ Technology
This board has everything a gamer could want. Gigabyte has loaded the Gaming 3 with loads of capability.
The board supports 4 sticks of DDR3-2133 which affords up to 64GB of memory. Today 16GB is adequate for 1920×1080 gaming but 32GB is recommended for 2560×1440 or 3820×2160.
The GA-H170-Gaming 3 supports is configured as x16 and x4 which Radeon cards can use but the majority of users will use a single video card.
The H170 provides enough lanes to support a pair of M.2 slots for extreme SSD performance. The M.2 slot is now well supported and a wide range of choices are available.
There are 4 USB 3.0 on the rear IO with 2 USB 2.0. There are dual headers for front USB 3.0 ports. The USB 2.0 ports on the IO shield are intended for keyboards and mice which do not need USB 3.0 speeds or power.
The PCI slots are available for legacy devices, PCI is now largely obsolete however some users may have a peripheral they wish to use. Many other ATX boards today have PCI Express x1 slots which make more sense.
There are 3 system fan headers to support modern chassis with front and rear fans. There is also a CPU option header for water cooling.
This board fits well in any standard ATX chassis. Install the CPU and cooler first along with the memory before installing to make the work quick.