Sniper Elite 3 was released June 27, 2014 by 505 Games. The game was developed by Rebellion Oxford. Sniper Elite 3 is a tactical first person shooter action game.
Sniper Elite 3 continues the story of elite OSS sniper Karl Fairburne during World War II. The title takes players to the unforgiving yet exotic terrain of WWIIs North Africa conflict in a battle against a deadly new foe.
Sniper Elite 3 is clearly the best game in the series. Rebellion managed to correct some of the previous games’ glaring mistakes.
The sniper rifle is the player’s primary weapon, though additional side arms including submachine guns and pistols, silenced or not depending on the situation.
The usual grenades and other weapons complete the tactical equipment. Binoculars can be used to tag enemies in view, displaying their position and movements.
Stealth mechanics have been reworked. An eye icon squints or opens to denote the player’s level of detection by the enemy.
Generally if you have played earlier versions of this game, you will love the improvements. A points system is instituted for actions such as stealth close-combat or sniper kills, with the points accumulating towards promotion to higher ranks. Players can go around the map to collect special reward items such as collectors’ cards and unlock sniper nests. Journal pages also provide further backstory into the events of the game.
The X-ray system seen in the previous release is continued.
The story is rather mundane, with so many shooters its getting hard to find a good script.
Overall the game is not seriously problematic, and issues are dependent on gameplay to some extent. The AI is not very sophisticated either.
- Award-winning gunplay Experience celebrated rifle ballistics honed to perfection. Take account of distance, gravity, wind, even your heart rate for intensely satisfying third person combat.
- Expansive new environments Stalk huge multi-route levels with multiple primary and secondary objectives than can be tackled in any order. Never play the same way twice.
- Real tactical choice Adapt to any situation. Use stealth, distraction, traps and sound masking . If things go hot, use the new Relocate mechanic to slip into the shadows and start the hunt again on your own terms.
- Revamped human X-Ray Kill cam The acclaimed X-Ray kill-cam is back and bolder than ever, including a detailed muscle layers, 3D mesh particles and the complete human circulatory system.
- New X-Ray vehicle takedowns See vehicles disintegrate in intricate detail with X-Ray vehicle takedowns. Multi-stage destruction allows you to take out armored cars, trucks and Tiger tanks piece-by-piece.
- Tense adversarial multiplayer
Five unique modes of online competitive action. Earn Medals and Ribbons as you play. Gain XP across all game modes, customize your character, weapons and loadout. Become a true Sniper Elite!
- Explosive co-op play Play the entire campaign in two player online co-op, or put your teamwork to the ultimate test in two dedicated co-op modes, Overwatch and Survival.
- Customize your experience Veteran or Rookie, play your way. Turn off all assistance and turn up the AI, or customize the experience to your preferred play style. Tweak the regularity of X-Ray kill cams, or turn them off all together.